Life Sciences and Healthcare
Allende & Brea has a Life Sciences and Healthcare specialized team that represents companies in the industry in their daily operations and in local and cross-border M&A transactions, including joint ventures, divestitures, reorganizations, manufacturing, license and distribution agreements, as well as public offerings.
Our practice group advises its clients in all regulatory aspects of the industry, including healthcare, drugs, medical devices, cosmetics and food, and in their dealings with the Argentine regulatory authorities, such as the Federal and Provincial Ministries of Health, National Administration of Drugs, Foods and Medical Devices (ANMAT), relevant provincial authorities, among others.
The team includes attorneys across the firm who concentrate on the areas of law impacting our clients, including intellectual property, customs, tax, environmental, litigation, compliance and antitrust.
In particular, we have represented our clients in the following matters:
• Commercial litigation and dispute resolution involving distributors and manufacturers.
• Regulatory clearances for laboratories and medical devices manufacturers to import, sale and distribute drugs and medical devices in the country.
• Drafting and negotiation of manufacturing, license and distribution agreements.
• M&A transactions and divestitures involving laboratories and medical devices manufacturers.
• Packaging and labeling of pharmaceutical products, medical devices, cosmetics, health and personal hygiene products and food.
• Training and application of good corporate practices and ethics in business development.
• Administrative and judicial proceedings relating to anticompetitive practices.